The City of Praise 2nd Annual Praise in the Park Service
A Pre-Father’s Day Celebration
this Sunday June 9th starting at 10:00 a.m.
“Coco Brother”- Corey Condrey & Joann Rosario Condrey,
Gospel Artist: Vashawn Mitchell and Anthony Brown
Gospel Go-Go group Outreach 24/7
Comedian Kasaun Wilson
Don’t miss it! Don’t be late!!
A City of Praise Family Ministries event you won’t want to miss
The most fun of the year with your family, food and fun for everyone.
1401 Golf Course Lane - Mitchellville, MD 20721
As we approach the one year anniversary of Pastor Joel’s firing and the excommunication of our long-term Board, leaders and members our story has garnered national attention. Roland Martin and TV One did a great segment on Washington Watch with Roland Martin about our Church and Pastor Joel. One point to note is that the church officials mentioned in this story are a group of employees and ex-employees lead by the janitor, church secretary and book-keeper. What’s really interesting is that there were no interviews or video footage from the six crooks. Why? Because they have less than 100 people there on Sundays and they are ashamed to let the world see how they have devastated the body of Christ. The six rogue employee crooks have turned Jericho into a “Rent-A-Center” because they can’t generate God’s Move on their own. Their website uses old footage from when the congregation was there and advertisements from functions held there by other congregations to make it look like there are a lot of people there. They recently started airing old sermon’s of Pastor Joel showing a large congregation trying to trick people into thinking that they are growing and that we came back. They even put out commercials on the TV begging people to come. Come to what? Sorry crooks, God ain’t having it. They have been uncovered.
Click on the picture above to see the video
Many have asked why we call ourselves The City of Praise. The best person to answer this question is the one who changed the name of the church from Jericho City of Praise to The City of Praise, Apostle Betty P. Peebles
After the death of Elder John Peebles, Apostle Betty said during a 2005 New Years sermon, that she was changing the name of the church from Jericho City of Praise to The City of Praise. So, why have these six self-appointed, unholy, ungodly, rogue crooks who say they are carrying out her wishes refuse to do this? They fought against it after she died, they refuse to change the signs, they refuse to support the name change. They claim that they are keeping with her vision. How? You be the judge as to who is actually carrying out Apostle’s vision.
The Legal Update on our two cases filed by the members against the Six Ungodly, Unholy, Self-Appointed, Rogue Crooks:
The Records Case:
- This is the case where the members have requested the financial records of the church. The 6 employees have repeatedly refused our request which is against the law.
- Our lawyers sent subpoenas to all of the banks. The crooks tried to block us from getting the bank records. On 3/7 we went to court and their attempt to block us was DENIED! VICTORY! GOD is in Control!
- Trial May 29th -30th
The Articles Case:
- This is the case that says that the 6 unelected, ungodly crooks were never elected as trustees by the congregation
- The motion to vacate that Judge Jackson allowed the six employees to file delayed our case 21/2 months. The new date is April 26th. This is clearly a stall tactic. This is the second motion on the same issue which was denied by another judge.
- These delay tactics have caused us to lose faith in the judicial system. Our faith is in God!